JSA resumed its activities as Concert Agency in the summer of 2021. This includes services such as booking foreign Artists, the position of Promoter, and work for Production Management of Live Concerts and Events.
Although the corona crisis is going on and the pressure on show business is still strong due to quarantine, we believe that right now we need to revive this activity, assemble a team, and start acting within the existing framework to be ready to open doors in our industry after Covid shock.
At the beginning of its activity, JSA gained extensive experience in working with Western Artists, as the first professional Production company in Russia. It was while working on Jean Michel Jarre’s big show, Rolling Stones, Ronnie James Dio, Status Quo, Whitesnake, Brian May, Kiss, Chris Rea, Julio Iglesias, and others.
And in 2000, JSA founded the Concert Agency for a new line of business. It was a kind of dynamic “promotions” campaign to promote the market and a good opportunity to create additional projects for production and staging. The consequences of the Crisis that took place in August 1998 (Default in Russia) led to a low level of business activity. Such a step in show business was unusual for a technical company, but it contributed to an increase in the general activity of players on the market and created competition.
Concert agency JSA has made great strides. This allowed JSA to take additional business opportunities and rise to a leadership position. Self-hosting Live concerts as “promotions” for the company helped to promote the JSA brand very quickly. The company logo and name became quickly recognized by customers and it became popular among contractors. The company also made a good promotion in the media and established business relations with them.
Concert agency JSA created during its existence:
- Concert part of the Prometheus Stunt Festival (2001) / 90,000 spectators;
- Concert in memory of Viktor Tsoi “KINOproby” in St. Petersburg (2001) / capacity 10,000;
- Concert-presentation of the film “Holiday” (directed by Garik Sukachev) with the participation of the Untouchables group and Pyotr Todorovsky (2001) two days / capacity by 2,000;
- Festival – Rock Zone Ultra (2002) / capacity 15,000;
- Beatles Beer and Music Festival (2003) / capacity 7,000;
- World Premiere – Ken Hensley (ex-Uriah Heep) for the first time concert with the Orchestra / Presidential Orchestra of the Russian Federation (2003) / 2,000 spectators;
- Mega Light and Music Show in Red Square in Moscow (2003).
Concert Agency JSA has organized and provided concerts of such Artists as:
- Deep Purple (2000) / capacity 10,000;
- For the first time in Russia: Alice Cooper (2000) / capacity 15,000;
- Scooter (2000) / capacity 8,000;
- For the first time in Russia: Muse (2001) / capacity 10,000, as part of the presentation of the British magazine NME (New Musical Express) in Russia;
- For the first time in Russia: Guano Apes (2001) / capacity 90,000 within the framework of the “Prometheus” festival;
- Roxette (2001) / capacity 15,000
- For the first time in Russia: Blackmore’s Night (2002) / capacity 10,000;
- Alice Cooper (2002) / capacity 8,000;
- Guano Apes (2002) as part of the Rock Zone Ultra festival, plus additional bands H-Bloxx, LAW and Reinvented;
- Yann Tiersen (2003) / capacity 1200
- Ozzy Osbourne (2002) – the concert was canceled due to force majeure circumstances of the Artist. / capacity 20,000;
- Blackmore’s Night (2003) two concerts / capacity 4000;
- Private events and concerts – Modern Talking, Pet Shop Boys, Bomfunk MC’s, Gipsy Kings, Boney M, Bloodhound Gang and others;
- Joint project with “Millennium” company – for the first time in Russia The Glenn Miller Orchestra UK / (2000) / 5,000 viewers;
- Partner-organizer of the big concert “Birthday of the radio station Chanson” (2002) / 12,000 spectators;
- On September 06, 2003, JSA held Mega-Show on Red Square in Moscow for the City Day. The participants were the Scorpions group with the Presidential Orchestra of the Russian Federation (directed and directed by Pavel Ovsyannikov) and a special guest Thomas Anders (ex-Modern Talking). Director – Gert Hof.
After 2003, JSA suspended its active work as Concert Agency but continued to have a role in various projects, doing a part as a promoter.
Concerts where the company was a co-promoter:
- Joe Cocker (2005) on Red square in Moscow / capacity 15 000;
- Joe Cocker (2005) on Palace square in Saint Petersburg / capacity 15 000;
- Roger Waters (2006) on Red square in Moscow / capacity 25 000;
- The Prodigy (2009) in Riga (Latvia) / capacity 6 000;
- The Prodigy (2009) in Kyiv (Ukraine) / capacity 10 000;
- As part of a promoter for OLEROM FORUM ONE (2018) featuring Jimmy Wales (founder of Wikipedia) and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
A new step in this direction was made thanks to the cooperation with Eugene Letichevskiy, who became a member of the JSA team at the end of 2019. He has extensive experience as an artist booking agent, promoter, and production manager for live concerts and events.
Eugene Letichevskiy worked on projects with such Artists as – Elton John, Madonna, Sting, Tina Turner, ZZ Top, David Bowie, Deep Purple, Status Quo, Nick Cave, Santana, Jose Carreras, Sarah Brightman, Placido Domingo, Emma Chaplin, Ray Charles, B.B.King, Brayan Ferry, Darren Hayes, DePhazz, Motley Crue, Michael Legrand, Chuck Berry, Gypsy King, Ken Hensley, Apocalyptica, Kenny G, the show of STOMP, IlDivo and many others.
Previously, JSA already had the experience of partnership with Eugene Letichevskiy. He and the owner and managing director of the JSA company, Alexander Strizhak, have had friendly relations since the middle of the 90s of the last century. A new stage of the successful partnership began in Kyiv during their work at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2017 / Production team for the Special Area of VIP Guests, Sponsors and Partners of the event.